COUNTER – TERRORIST CENTRE (CTC)
The Counter – Terrorist Centre of the Internal Security Agency is a coordination and analysis unit in charge of preventing and combating terrorism.
The CTC operates in a twenty-four-hour system, 7 days a week. It comprises, apart from officers of the Internal Security Agency, seconded officers, soldiers and employees of e.g. the Police, the Border Guard, the Government Protection Bureau, the Foreign Intelligence Agency, the Military Intelligence Service, the Military Counterintelligence Service and the Customs Service. They carry out tasks within competences of the institution which they represent. Furthermore, together with the Counter – Terrorist Centre actively cooperate other bodies which participate in the system of anti-terrorist protection of the Republic of Poland such as: the Government Centre for Security, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the State Fire Service, the General Inspector of Financial Information, the General Staff of the Polish Armed Forces, the Polish Military Gendarmerie etc.
The essence of the operation system of the CTC of the Internal Security Agency is the coordination of the process of exchanging information among participants of the system of anti-terrorist protection which makes it possible to implement common responding procedures in the event of the occurrence of one of the four categories of the defined threat:
- a terrorist act outside Poland which has an influence on security of the Republic of Poland and its nationals;
- a terrorist act in the territory of Poland which has an influence on security of the Republic of Poland and its nationals;
- receipt of information on potential threats which can occur in the territory of Poland and outside the Republic of Poland;
- receipt of information on money laundering or transfers of financial resources which can be evidence of financing terrorist activities.
- INTERMINISTERIAL TEAM FOR TERRORIST THREATS The Interministerial Team for Terrorist Threats was established on the basis of the Order no. 162 of the Prime Minister of 25 October 2006.
- PERMANENT GROUP OF EXPERTS The Permanent Group of Experts comprises representatives of the bodies being members of the Interministerial Team for Terrorist Threats.
- COUNTER – TERRORIST CENTRE (CTC) The Counter – Terrorist Centre of the Internal Security Agency is a coordination and analysis unit in charge of preventing and combating terrorism.
- GOVERNMENT CENTRE FOR SECURITY Government Centre for Security is a public administration unit subordinated to the Prime Minister.